Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chatter Bugs

I have had the opportunity to have Mr. and Mrs. Cockroach this week, and this is what I have learned. Cockroaches are definitely nocturnal creatures. They are never to be seen during daylight hours. They prefer to be under the comfort of their nice warm soil. In all the days that I've had them, I've noticed they don't come out during the day, not even to eat. But night time is a totally different scenario. I am often found to be sitting in front of the computer doing homework, during the heaviest hours of the night. I have to say these cockroaches have surprised me. If I am not listening to music, I have been interrupted by their chatter. The best way to describe it would be- very faint high-pitched squeeky noises. It makes me wonder if the noise I hear is really the way they communicate. It is very interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment